Want to achieve a natural, striking Christmas Day look that lasts? Then you’ve come to the right place!
My first video on there is ‘Fabulously Festive Christmas Day Make-Up’ which you can view here: http://advent-calendar.hallmark.co.uk on day 6.
Here are my top take out tips on how to acheive a super long lasting festive look to last 7am way into the early hours of Boxing Day with no need for touch ups (trust me…it’s tried and tested from over the years!)
- Create soft waves the night before (try sleep in rollers) then in the morning simply apply a small amount of serum or hair oil. I use L’Anza Keratin Healing Oil which smells amazing until you next wash your hair and keeps hair soft, nourished and keeps the curls set for hours.
- Use a primer such as Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer at around £30 or a cheaper, fantastic alternative Nivea Express Hydration Primer which retails at arouond a fiver (you can get a free sample here: freebie). Make sure you really massage the primer into your skin and leave it for at least 5 minutes before apply your base.
- Choose a long lasting foundation – there’s so many available, so you can choose what suits your skin best. Personally, I can’t live without Vichy Dermablend Fluid Foundation which you can find in Boots for around £15. A cheaper alternative that works just as well in terms of lasting 24+ hours and covering, is Revlon Colorstay (£10-13) just beware this can be a little drying. The key to long lasting foundation is how you apply it – use a stippling brush and buff in small circles all over, then dab and push the product into your skin to really get it into every pore!
- Use an eye primer after foundation that has a yellow tone. Nothing compares to Benefit Lemon Aid.
- You will naturally get red flushed cheeks. My advice is not to counteract this, but to embrace it! Use a stain to replicate the natural look and ensure it simply does not budge. Again, a Benefit product that is a cut above the rest…Benetint! Apply it with a make-up sponge and dab and push it right into your skin!
- Go for subtle glitter on the eyes. The video will show you step-by-step application. Products used were: Chanel ILLUSION D’OMBRE long wear luminous eyeshadow in shade 81 Fantasme, Mac pigments in Copper Sparkle and Chocolate Brown, Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy, Bobbi Brown Long-Wear gel eyeliner in Espresso Ink and finally Max Factor Masterpiece Max (waterproof) in black.
- For the lips, again I would go for a stain. Try Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm and Stain in Beloved or Benetint.
You can find the Hallmark advent calendar on their site throughout December, 2012, so be sure to check it every day and don’t forget to share the content with your friends.